the life tropical

biologist living on a Caribbean island with one husband, one child, and one dog

Sunday, March 19, 2006

civilized dining

My daughter has learned to feed herself with a spoon and (to some extent) a fork. She has also learned not to throw her dishes. She looks very grown up eating her food out of a bowl with a spoon. It is also a good deal less messy than her previous method of eating which involved, for instance, eating yogurt with her fingers (most of it somehow wound up in her hair). I am starting to envision my daughter as a little girl (rather than a baby or a toddler). This little girl has a thinner face and thicker, longer hair than my child as she actually is now. I want to say, "Hello little girl. I'm pleased to meet you. Would you like to stay for supper?" Of course, current version of my daughter can not answer questions in a civilized manner yet. Most likely, she'll answer with a frantic shake of the head and a firm "na"- bringing her mommy firmly back down to earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home